The earliest known Jewish community in Dymer dates from the 18th century. A major pogrom took place in Dymer in 1919. Community members were taken to Babi Yar in 1941 and shot at the site. The cemetery was completely unfenced with moderate to heavy vegetation. A high voltage electricity pylon remains on the interior of the site with the fence extended right up to the adjoining roadside.